Date- 10/07/2018 - 31/07/2018Time 6:45 pm - 9:00 pm
This is a wonderful 4 week course to help prepare you for labour, birth and your new baby 6.45-9 pm
The course is ran by Senior midwife and lactation consultant Julie Whitehead. Julie is also specialised baby behaviour up to 12 weeks and paediatric first aid.
You can attend at any time in your pregnancy but most mothers attend around 30 weeks .You may want to come alone, with your partner or a family member .The course is held in the lovely Retreat at the You and your baby hub .Refreshments supplied
Week 1. Sharing the labour
- Breathing , relaxation and massage
- When to go to hospital, birth centre
- Useful positions
- Recognising & understanding labour
- How to help/hinder the process.
Week 2. Coping Strategies
- Pain relief options
- Decision making
- The birth & placenta
- Post natal recovery
Week 3. Baby Care & Feeding
- Practicalities and how to avoid problems
- Basic baby care in those first weeks.Settling a baby , changing nappies, reading cues
- Supporting the breast feeding mother
- Being a good team
Week 4 . Baby & Child First Aid
- Baby resus with mannequins.Choking , illness and fever
- Burns and breaks and general basic first aid
- The ill baby
- Baby first aid book included
Lots of time for questions . 6 couples maximum .
Friendly , nurturing and good preparation for the next chapter in your life
The course is £20pp per week
The course must be paid in full prior to starting Any weeks missed cannot be refunded or moved as other courses may be fully booked .
If you birth prior to the course you will be given a full refund
Bookings are closed for this event.